At the close of this year, we at MSI Pipe Protection Technologies would like to extend our warmest wishes for the Happiest of Holidays to you- our customers and friends! While 2017 has had its share of rough challenges in Houston, across the United States, and around the world when it came to climate, devastating weather, and economic/governmental woes, we’re looking to 2018 with a renewed sense of optimism. Despite what goes on in the world, you can still rely on MSI to be there through the triumphs and tragedies, protecting our environment, as well as various working crews from the oilfield, drilling, mining, and water districts, with top-quality pipe protection products and services.
We’re not known as an API standard leader in pipe protection for just any reason; we’re known for setting trends and helping establish safety measures and procedures in the industries we serve. And without the help of staff, US commission departments, various companies around the world, and our local Houston community, we wouldn’t be the leaders we are today!
A Global Company with a Heart for Texas
MSI Pipe Protection Technologies is a global leader in OCTGs (oil country tubular goods) like pipe thread protectors. All our products are developed under the most stringent manufacturing standards in the industry, and our Houston-headquartered company has been a leader in pipe protection technology for more than three decades. As a global company, we’re especially proud of the way Houstonians came together in 2017 to help those Texans affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Not only that, while Texas was still in recovery, we had the honor of witnessing many Texans, and people across the country, reach out and step up to help in other communities and states hurt by other natural disasters- like the fires in California, hurricanes in Puerto Rico, Florida, and the Caribbean Islands, as well as the Louisiana floods. This can-do spirit is just one thing that makes Houston such a great place to live and work, and the team at MSI is proud to be a part of it all.
A Big Thank You to Those Who Helped
Hurricane Harvey ripped through southeastern Texas in late August, and people are still struggling to get back to normal. However, thanks to help from some of the world’s most famous companies, Houstonians, Galvestonians, and other Southwestern Texas communities, will find it easier to move on. THANK YOU to some of the top donors:
- Verizon pledged $10 million to the relief effort- working with state and local government entities to get those contributions to non-profit agencies.
- Walgreens pledged $200,000 to the Red Cross, and customers all over the country donated at local stores. The company also donated medical supplies and food to the emergency shelter at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center.
- Kroger committed $100,000 to Houston’s Food Bank, and allowed customers to donate in-store.
- Bank of America’s Charitable Foundation pledged $1 million to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, and matched employees’ pledges.
- Coca-Cola donated $1 million to the Red Cross; and matched employees’ donations up to $100,000, which went to the Employee Disaster Relief Fund. The company also donated over 25,000 cases of beverages to those in the affected areas.
- Gallery Furniture turned two of its Houston stores into makeshift shelters. Founder Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale, shared photos of grateful Houstonians who sought refuge there.
- Walmart provided product and cash donations of more than $1 million to relief organizations like the Salvation Army and the Red Cross.
Best Wishes for a Happy New Year
Generosity like this, whether people give of their time, talents, or treasures, is just one of the reasons MSI Pipe Protection Technologies is proud to be a part of the Houston community. As residents continue the rebuilding process, they do so with a renewed sense of hope and resolve, and we’re glad that we’re a part of the recovery.
Regardless of the challenges posed by the weather and the economy, MSI is here to provide reliable, consistent, and API-certified pipe protection products to keep company operations running safely, smoothly, and efficiently, as well as protecting your bottom line. The entire team offers its thanks for customers’ loyalty during this very challenging year, and we wish everyone the best for a healthy, safe and prosperous 2018.